Documents Management System
There are many different levels of Documents Management Software available in the Word- but ‘best of breed’ Agile Soft Technologies DMS have the following features:
- Focused on managing documents, though they are often capable of managing other ‘electronic information’ such as images, movie files etc..
- Each unit of information (document) is self-contained..
- There are few (if any) links between documents (they may be associated by ‘grouping’ the items using a classification scheme or taxonomy).
- Focused primarily on storage and archiving and document life-cycle management including document expiry.
- Includes powerful workflow for incorporating business processes into the management of the documents..
- Targeted at storing and presenting documents in their native format (not limited to MS-Office products but including many different information types)
- Document access may be restricted at a folder or document level – and other security models may be applied.
- Limited ability to create web pages (suitable for intranets but not internets) typically produces one page for each document.